Monday 1 June 2009

London College of Fashion

Back in March 2009 I completed an intensive course; "Guide to Promotional Make up Artistry", at the famous London College of Fashion. I have to say it was a fantastic course and I met some great new friends. My tutor, Lucy Wearing, was fantastic and a great inspiration. Previous to going to the college, I had done a small amount of make-up at Croydon College (where I trained to be a beauty therapist) as well as doing my friends and families make up on the odd occassion, however it was not enough and I wanted to learn more. Completing the course is my first step in for-filling my dream to become a make up artist!

Below are pictures from the two professional shoots I did while on the course. My first shoot was a beauty head shot and my inspiration was 'summer' so I went for relaxed curls in the hair and a nice big flower. To compliment the hair, I took the red from the flower as my theme for the make up.


My second shoot was based on the 1950's own Marylin Monroe. I chose to use her as my inspiration because she is one of the world's most iconic actress/model/singer and I just love her style, and the style of the 1940's and 50's in general. In this shoot, I also based it on a recent advertisment for Dolce & Gabbana lipstick and eyeshadow by using different fabrics and textures to create a 'bed', similar to the look they used in their magazine adverts.


No comments:

Post a Comment